This was supposed to be yesterday's blog entry, but because some people suck ass it wasn't meant to be. However it's really something I wanted to talk about so I'm doing it today.
There's something so wonderful and special about having mom friends. In addition to my friends from high school, I've met a wonderful group of ladies online of all places and they've been my rock, my sounding board, my Dear Abbys, if you will. This post isn't about them, though. It's about their kids. Second to being a mom, I've always wanted to be an aunt. I thought being an aunt seemed really cool and I of course would be a very cool aunt. Since I'm an only child I never really thought about how that would happen for me. I do have 2 BILs and a SIL but they're nowhere near ready for kids (and that's a good thing!). So, I've kind of adopted my friends' children as my own little nieces and nephews. I love them nearly as much as I love Logan and I feel honored getting to watch them grow up. So here's a little blurb about each of them.
First, there was Trenton. Trenton is my friend Sarah's little boy. Sarah and I go way, way, way back (5th grade). Trenton is a curly-headed chatterbox. The kid can (and will) say anything. He's smart as a whip and he knows it.
Then there's Justin. Katie was my first best friend to have a baby. We all waited super impatiently for Justin's arrival (well, except Katie--she wanted to stay pregnant forever). I will never, ever forget the day Justin was born. I was so excited to hear that he was a boy (Katie mades us wait the whole darn pregnancy to find out both times). Justin is exuberant and full of life. He loves Elmo and Barney and I tend to think he's going to be the class clown someday. The popular kind, not the geeky kind.
Next there's Kate. Kate's mom, Joanna, and I were pregnant at the same time which was a wonderful experience. Joanna was also a "waiter" so I didn't know who Kate was until the night she was born. Kate gave us all a little scare in utero, but she was born perfect. She's spunky, always has been, and she is always teaching Logan new things. I suspect this will keep happening even as they get older. Kate taught Logan how to smooch but I wouldn't worry to much about that, Matt. She can hold her own with the boys. She's also a total fashionista (OK, that's probably more Jo), but I have no doubt she'll always be looking put together long after she starts picking out her own clothes.
I think of my friend Ali's daughters Piper and Kady kind of like my honorary daughters. The little girls I'll probably never have. Piper is Trenton's female counterpart (getting those 2 together for a conversation would be priceless) with red hair and glasses. She's the coolest 2 year old girl you'll ever meet. My Kady-girl has beautiful blue eyes just like Logan's (I actually think those 2 look alike) and is one of the happiest babies I've ever seen. She's almost always up for a snuggle.
Then there's Jene's son Charlie. Charlie is closest to Logan's age and they play well together (for toddlers). I like to teach him little tricks (I suppose I am the Kate to his Logan). He's also very cuddly for the most part and I love his smile. I also think it's hysterical that leaves, grass, and other outdoor things freak him out.
The newest addition is Tyler, Justin's little brother. He's just shy of 3 months old and is of course cute as a button. I was able to spend some time with him yesterday. He enjoyed the song I made up to lull him to sleep. He's squishy and sweet and I can't wait to watch him grow up.
So there's my other kids, my honorary nieces and nephews. I love you all.
Aww, what a sweet post! When I saw the title I thought for sure it would be about your kitties :-) I'm so glad I've gotten to know you guys and I know my girls love you too. It's awesome that in our little nest group we have 7 kids pretty much within 2 years of eachother and it will be fun watching them grow up together.
ReplyDeleteAnd I get my little boy fix from Logan. You have no idea how many times I've had to restrain myself from buying him clothes when I'm out shopping, I love looking at the cute little boy stuff. Logan is so much fun and I'll never forget watching him run around your house in Piper's pink crocs!
Aw, you are just too sweet! I know the kids adore you too! And even though Kate has an Aunt Jennifer, there is only ONE Auntie Jennifer!
ReplyDeleteWow, this post made me cry. I really had no idea you felt that way. I love how you described something special about each kid. It's so obvious how much you love all of them. I'm sending YOU a virtual hug, because I love that you love them so much.
ReplyDelete