Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Future is Clear as Mud

So it appears Kyle got a job, a teaching job no less. He can even work from home. Cue the parade, isn't this EXACTLY what I've been waiting for? Welll, I'm not sure. For starters, I don't really understand the logistics so far. At least for now the job is supposed to be part-time and his salary is determined by some confounded equation involving the number of students in his classes and the difficulty of classes he's teaching. On a positive note most people that start out doing what he's supposed to be doing end up with a full time position the next school year. Oh and his unemployment hearing versus the West Cler.mont board of douchebags is next Friday. We may actually have some money coming in sometime this month! Hooray!

Despite all this good news I'm feeling more unsettled than ever today. At least with the unemployment I knew what to expect every day . . .depression, imaging the school board members rotting in hell, etc. (as well as what NOT to expect ie, money). I thought Kyle getting a job would magically put our "perfect" life back together, and while it might eventually, for now I have some questions. I'll preface my questions by saying some are selfish, but hey, it's my blog!
1. How long am I going to have to keep carrying this expensive insurance?
a. When can I go back to working part time? It was heaven on earth!
2. When can we have another kid? The one we've got is so damn cute I can't stand it, but my clock is starting to tick louder by the day. Plus we have got mass quantities of cute little boy clothes that are screaming to be worn again. If we could have a summer baby we'd pretty much be right in sync season wise.

Well, this is where we're at, wherever that is! I'm cautiously optimistic that things may start turning around for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment