Wednesday, November 18, 2009

2009, Oh How I Loathe Thee

I hate you 2009. You're a real bastard. I hated you back in January when my stupid crappy car died. I hated you in February when the Steelers won the Super Bowl. I hated you in March when Kyle lost his job. I hated you in April when my anxiety started to kick in. I hated you in May when I scratched my brand new car and in June although I can't think of a good reason why right now. I hated you in July when I started having to work full-time. I hated you in August when Kyle still didn't find a job. I hated you in September when I had to start carrying my company's ridiculously overpriced health insurance. I hated you in October when Kyle's unemployment got appealed and our mortgage payment went up. I will hate you in December because Kyle and I can't go to the Bengals/Vikings game. I thought you might start looking up in November because Kyle found some work. It's only part-time and not nearly as much as he was making so you wouldn't have been fully forgiven anyway, but it doesn't matter because I hate you more than ever since I read the letter today saying we'd lost the appeal. I hate you almost as much as I hate the West Clermont school board, which is saying something because I don't hate anyone or anything as much as I hate them. Were you jealous because 2008 was so awesome? Or just bitter and angry because the Georges seemed to have it all together? Fuck you 2009. I bet 2010 is way cooler than you. It wouldn't take much.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Jen :(

    Let me know how I can help - I'll write scathing letters to the editor on your behalf. I'll picket the school board. I'll provide you with a stiff drink and listen to you rage against those assholes. Whatever it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-( I am so sorry! I'm with Jene! Whatever you need, you let me know!

    ReplyDelete