Saturday, February 6, 2010
Overwhelmed and Underprepared
So, let me start by saying I am pretty much a worthless lump in the evenings on days I work. I am always just exhausted after work. Not so conducive to working out, taking care of Logan, or any of the other things on life's to-do list. Luckily Kyle is Superdad, always picking up the slack. On Wednesday nights he tutors at a local learning facility to make a few extra bucks. I'm off on Wednesdays, so I'm up to the task of running Fussy Patrol. Well, now in addition to that he's decide to privately tutor a 13 year old girl one night a week. I know he's doing this because he wants to feel like he's pulling his weight financially and I don't fault him for that, but that's another night of me handling Logan on my own and it will inevitably a night after I've worked all day. This honestly scares the shit out of me. For starters, my sweet little angel turns into the devil around 5pm most days. He is usually sooo crabby from 5 to 7 for some reason and some days it's nearly unbearable. You cannot make this child happy. Also, when I do have the gumption to work out it's virtually impossible to do it if there's not someone to ride herd of Logan. He is in.to.everything. And I am serious about my workout routine, I've been getting in at least 3 days, I don't want to fall off the wagon. I know I need to suck it up, that I've been spoiled, and that it will be fine, but I'm a little freaked out right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aww, hang in there. I actually found it easier to come home after a day of work and spend a few hours doing dinner & bedtime alone with the girls, versus now when Steve works a double or something and I'm with them from morning to night all alone. I'm kind of surprised you feel the opposite!
ReplyDeleteCan you work out after he goes to bed? There's no way in heck I'd be able to work out with the kids are awake either.