Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Tale of a Whale

Unfortunately, the whale is me. I've gained close to 100lbs since 2000. It ain't pretty, and it's not healthy either. My poor husband--he must feel cheated because he certainly didn't get what he signed up for. I feel like a huge (pun intended) disappointment--to myself, to Kyle, to Logan. When I was a teenager I thought I couldn't get fat because I always ate whatever I wanted and was rail thin. I thought wrong. So, now I'm trying to undo 10 years worth of damage. No, scratch that--more like 28, almost 29 years of damage. Because even when I was thin I wasn't eating healthy. I wasn't thinking about portion control, or cardio, or strength training. I doubt I'll ever be Skinny Minnie again, but it would be nice to not want to cry when I see a photograph of myself. So, I'm making some changes. My parents got me Wii Active for Christmas. I've been working out 3 times a week, but my goal is actually 4. I really love those workouts. They push me but I don't have to listen to Jillian run her mouth. I've also been doing yoga which does wonders for my back. I bought some Coke Zero at Kroger today. It's definitely not as tasty as regular Coke but I'm going to keep drinking it and see if it'll grow on me. I also bought some fruits and vegetables that I intend to eat as well as other somewhat healthy meals and snacks. So here I go . . .hopefully this tale will have a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment