Sunday, February 7, 2010
No Longer a Step Virgin
My MIL teaches a step aerobics class at the local YMCA, so today my SIL and mom decided we'd try it. If my MIL ever needs a fallback career she'd be a hell of a motivational speaker (I've been on the receiving end of many a motivational speech from her). Add to that her overall peppiness and penchant for fitness and she's perfect for the job. I figured since I've been working out steadily 3x a week for the past month the class probably wouldn't make me keel over. It turns out I was right. I was also right about how uncoordinated I am--I definitely got tripped up a few times. Luckily I made it through the class without falling on my face so I consider that a success. We did 40 minutes of step and then about 10 minutes of exercises using free weights. I gotta say I don't know if I would have made it through that part had I not already been doing many of those exercises. Then it was on to the mat for ab work. Wowza. My abs are sooooo sore. I'm definitely feeling the burn even 3.5 hours later. All in all it was fun though and I'm planning on going back next Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Step is an awesome workout! I love it. Good luck :)
ReplyDelete