My heart breaks for him because teaching is his passion and he's darn good at it. My heart breaks for me because the stress of worried about going from 2 incomes to 1 really wears me down sometimes. I'm going to have to pick up the health insurance, at least for the time being and it's infinitely more expensive at my work than what we've had with Kyle's job. I'll have to go back to working full-time which bums me out more than I can say. Sometimes these thoughts creep in my head when I'm trying to sleep and I lay awake for hours.
My optimistic side tells me something will work out because in the past everything has always worked itself out. We've done every "right" ie, got ourselved educated, waited to finish college before getting married, waited to buy a house, waited until we had a house to have a kid. My rational side tells me this isn't necessarily true. There are plenty of people who've lost their job and/or their house that didn't deserve it. I've got people surrounding me telling me "everything happens for a reason" (one of my least favorites phrases). Really?? Tell that to someone who has lost a child or gotten cancer.
So, that's where we're at. Even though the odds are dwindling by the day I am still hoping for a miracle.
I'm not into the "everything happens for a reason" explanation, either, so I won't tell you that. I will tell you to hang in there, you can only do the best you can, and that's what you're doing. Life isn't fair sometimes, and that sucks. I hope things start looking better soon!
ReplyDeleteHey, I'm so glad to hear you guys say this - I've always hated "everything happens for a reason". Genocide, the Holocaust, child abuse, etc. To me it's naive to think that every bad event somehow has a divine purpose..nope, bad things just happen and it sucks.
ReplyDelete