Thursday, August 27, 2009
Heaven
Kyle has put Logan to bed 95% of the time since he was born. I'd say of good half to 2/3rds of those times has been a struggle. Last night Kyle was mowing the grass so I put the boy to bed. It was the highlight of my week. As I was reading One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish he leaned into me more and more. It was so nice that I decide to put him up on my shoulder and rock him for awhile. Then I lay him in his crib, he rolled on his side, put his arms around his jaguar, and went right to sleep. Watching him put his arms around that jaguar turned me into total mush. It was possibly the sweetest thing I've ever seen. Tonight was more of the same, except this time it was Hop on Pop and Goodnight Moon and after the stories he actually turned around and reached for me so we could rock for awhile. My heart bursts with love for my little boy. Hopefully these warm and fuzzies will come washing back when he's pulling Pumpkin's tail, throwing his lunch to the ground, or picking on sweet little Kady.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment