Sunday, August 23, 2009

Perspective

My life has been a constant pity party lately, but something has happened that stopped me in my tracks. A fellow nestie had triplets in June after suffering from infertility. I follow her blog religiously, so much so that it feels like I know these tiny babies and their parents. Every day it seemed like they were growing bigger and stronger. Yesterday, one of the babies passed away. I can't imagine anything more heartbreaking. The news shook me to the core. It hit me like a ton of bricks that I have everything I need to survive right now: my husband and son. Sweet little Annaleigh has caused me to take step back and realize I'm lucky in the most important ways. Kyle will get a job some day but Brooke and Joe will never hold their precious little girl again. So for now I'm holding on to my precious little boy and thanking God for what I DO have as opposed to what I don't.

1 comment:

  1. I've been following their story, as well, and it touched me today in much the same way. I can't even fathom what it must be like to be given so much hope - to see so much progress, and to have all of your dreams ripped from you in a matter of hours. Certainly puts things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete