Sunday, December 19, 2010

My cup runneth over

Bedtime has been mostly nightmarish as of late. Logan fights me every step of the way, and then stays up way too late. It's just no fun at all. Tonight though, my heart completely melted. My voice is gone due to some mysterious illness, so I told Logan he would have to read to me. So he did. He read me 4 books--a pop-up Mickey Mouse Clubhouse book, a couple of stories out of his Dora book, "Cat in the Hat", and "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb." I was quite impressed actually. He knew the Mickey, Dora, and HHFT books almost verbatim (it helps that we've read them about a million times each). He knew a few exact lines from Cat in the Hat, but the rest he ad-libbed and it was just so adorable. Next, he sang me "Jingle Bells", made me "look like a princess" (this is where he piles all of your hair on top of your head like a crown) and then I kissed him goodnight and put him in his bed.

I hope I never forget this evening, what a sweet moment with my amazing little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment