Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Lessons Learned

So I finally went and got my teeth cleaned today. The last time was, oh, September 25, 2008 (our 4th wedding anniversary). Logan was 3 months old and snoozed in his infant seat the entire time. Today that did not happen. I should have went over the summer or Christmas break (or ahem, last year's summer break), but I didn't. I tried to find a day where I would have someone to watch Logan, but they had no openings. The receptionist assured me it would be fine to bring him. I thought, maybe it won't be so bad. It wasn't bad, it was worse than I could have imagined. My little psycho tried to grab the hygenist's tools, moved her lamp, turned on the water fountain, and ran away during my x-rays, among other things. Then to add insult to injury the dentist told me I had "a couple" cavities. By "a couple" she meant 6. AYFKM?? 6?? I got my first cavity when I was 22. A teeny, tiny one. Then in 2008 I had 2 more. Now, in just one measly visit I had 6? I was devastated. She informed me that 2 of the cavities weren't my fault, that they were in grooves where microscopic particles get in. The other 4 were due to my lack of flossing regularly. ::::hangs head in shame:::: I do floss, but I certainly can't call it regularly. Well, that ends today. I am officially becoming a flossing mo-fo. And I'm never taking Logan to one of my cleanings again. Trust me, I am taking my lessons learned today to heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment